The Cheaters (1930). Paulette McDonagh

mcdonagh production silent movie

marie lorraine hat

intertitle

intertitle

intertitle regret

intertitle

intertitle revenge


Once upon a time there lived three fates. They sat together in a cave, spinning the threads of destiny. Joy and Pain – tears with laughter –and from these they wove the pattern of life. The fates have passed, but our eye threads are still tangling and twisting. we touch – and in passing they leave imprints in our lives.

My dear, every hour we give to regret is a victory lost and an enemy's gain. Life is harsh and merciless. To go forward one must learn to stand alone!

My boy, don't misunderstand me! I only want you to be sure. They are all sweet and charming until they prove otherwise. To me that girl has seen life – she shows it.

It has been given to me to know the greatness of revenge and its futility. One cannot cheat life. It gets you – at the end. 

Comments